Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Muslims and the Cross of Christ.....deno

   
     This week offshore I had a visitor, a man working with me who seeing how I conducted myself and spoke, knew I was christian. He came up and said to me, Deno I'm a christian to. God bless you my friend I said, and work continued.
     As the week progressed and different conversations took place, I began to hear this same man refer to Allah a lot. He spoke in one conversation that Louis Farrakhan was his spokesmen. Soon I perceived in my spirit that something was not quite right here. My spirit returned to me so to speak.
      On free time I asked him some specific questions. The bible tells us to test the spirits to see if they are of God (1John 4:1-8). I said, so what do you believe about Jesus Christ being a christian as you say. He replied, we believe in Jesus Christ. He even quoted certain new testament scriptures. He said Jesus was a great man of God. A great prophet and we learn from his words. 
     Well that all sounded fine but on the inside I knew I had to take him to the Cross of Christ and his resurrection to get the full truth. I said, well friend do you believe in the power of the of the blood of Jesus Christ and His Cross and resurrection. He looked rather stunned that I went straight to the Cross of Christ. For this is where the rubber of truth meets the road to heaven or not. He answered hesitantly, well we believe he was a prophet and that he died for what he believed. I wouldn't let the conversation stop there. Something on the inside of me kept pressing me onward on the Cross of Christ matter. I asked, Friend do you believe that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of God and the Savior of the world. He looked like he did not want to answer that but it came out. He said , No we do not believe that. We know and believe he was a good man and a prophet.
    Well I knew then the truth. Even though some Muslims say they are Christians as this young man first did. When truth gave forth its pressure, the lie was eventually exposed. You cannot be a christian if you do not connect with the Cross of Christ, with his blood, death and resurrection.
     I asked him, friend so you say you and yaw believe Jesus was a prophet of God, but that his blood had no Saving, Redeeming value. Yes, he replied. We believe only that Jesus was a great prophet. I said, Sent from God? Yes he replied. Jesus was sent from Allah. Well then, I replied, Then why don't you believe all he said and not just selected quotes? The young man seemed stunned. Gods Spirit came on me and I preached Jesus Christ and him crucified and risen from the dead, maybe better that I had ever preached it before. It was like I was on the inside watching the Holy Spirit speak thru me. The young man was in a trance as the gospel kept flowing thru my lips.
       Though this young man spoke and quoted new testament scriptures fluently, even more than most Christians that I know, when God began to connect the dots of His prophecies to the Cross of Christ in the Muslims mind, I could tell light was rising up into his eyes. We talked and conversed but it soon got to where he did not know what to say. I said friend, The cross of Christ is about the great love God has for us. That he was willing to taste death itself to save us, than to go on living  for all His Eternity without us. If you will believe that Jesus Christ is His Son and that he died for your sins on the Cross and rose again from the dead three days later and confess this with your mouth in faith you will be saved......deno....please share freely

I told him, The Cross of Christ is about God who was in Christ Jesus laying down His life to save us. It is not about us laying ourselves down to destroy others. Love is the answer.
 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment