Monday, December 2, 2013

When We Were Children.....deno

     When we were children brought up in the church under our dad the Pastor for over 50 plus years, there were times when we disobeyed his conduct rules and dad would always unfailingly let us know of our transgression. I can't count how many times his lightning bolts and my back side came in contact with each other over all those childhood years. Dad would whip me sometimes with such strong determination until I thought I was about to give up the ghost...lol...Then just before I did he would stop and breath back into me the breath of life. He would so often say, Son I know you don't understand all this now but some day you will. I chastise you for your own good....
     You know I'm glad that I had a father who loved me enough to correct me when I needed correcting. His methods at times were pretty severe but how I thank God for every time he raised his whip to teach me his righteous lesson. In not one of them did my father ever condemn me. That was not the purpose of the whip. It was to teach me his righteousness rules of conduct which are for my blessing, benefits and best.....So it is with God's whip. He does not chastise us out of anger nor to condemn us. We have a covenant of peace with Him thru thru blood of Christ. He poured His wrath on Jesus on the cross so that we would not be appointed to His wrath but His salvation,peace and His goodwill to men. He came not to condemn the world but to save it. How much more then, the same is true unto his children, when He raises His whip on our backsides, it is not to condemn us but to save, to correct, to teach, to conform us.....deno

No comments:

Post a Comment