Friday, September 20, 2013

Deno's Testimonies # 16)...... The Day I Met Brother Kenneth E. Hagin......God Answered My Prayer.......deno

      It was the late 90s around 1998/99 my dad heard that Rev. Kenneth E. Hagin was coming to Gonzalez Louisiana at Brother Leroy Thomson's church for some meetings. He knew how much Brother Hagin meant to me. He knew in England in the early 80s I listened and followed brother Hagins ministry and teachings intensely and how the combination of Brother Hagins, Brother Jimmy Swaggart and Brother Kenneth Copeland & Jerry Savelle teachings and applying them to my life had healed my inner world. My sorrow had been turned into joy. My gloom had been changed into the brightness of the noon day. So when he heard brother Hagin was coming to Gonzalez he said, son, brother Hagin is coming to Leroy Thompson's church is Gonzalez. Would you like to go? Go, heck yea dad I replied. So we booked some rooms at the Holiday Inn for those days and took off for the adventure.
     This is going to take a while so bear with me. When we arrived at the first meeting we entered the beautiful auditorium and found seats in the back part of the building. The place was beginning to fill and to me it felt like electricity was in the air. I was so excited like a kid in a toy store. I'm in awe. I am actually at a Brother Kenneth Hagins meeting after all these years. 
       After being there for about a half hour or so, a man who I did not know, came walking  up to me in the presence of my dad (who was the preacher, not me) in the auditorium. He walked straight up to me, looked me in the face and gave me a thus saith the Lord word. He said, son I'm sent over here to tell you something. I thought to myself, You are? well ok. What? He said. You are pregnant. I looked at him after he said those words thinking hmmm WHAT?. Dad looked at me like, well it was a dad look, lol. I'm thinking, Where is this man going with these strange words. He continued, Hear me out. Son, you are pregnant in your spirit. Seeds of ministry have been planted in you in previous days and that ministry will one day be born into your life. He smiled and walked off. Well I thought to myself. Ok Lord, so be it in your time and left it in the patience of faith.
       Well soon the meeting began. Brother Hagin entered the auditorium and my eyes are on him like eagles eyes and my spirit is soaring with praise, wonderment, and thanksgiving. We all sang songs of praise, of faith, and of worship, and a sweet Spirit of worship is on the place. After the songs, Brother Hagin moves to the pulpit and teaches us on faith. It was a delicious heavenly full course meal to our hearts/spirits/souls. Then after he teaches us, I and my dad witnessed something we had never seen before. Brother Hagin starts walking down the stairs from the platform and I am so into his every step. I'm like hanging on his every breath, his every utterance. As he is walking down those steps, brother Hagin says some strange words almost as if he is talking to himself out loud. He said, loudly to where we in the back of the auditorium could hear him plainly. He said. "IT SHALL BE EVEN AS IT WAS TOLD ME."
      After saying those words he walks over to the front row and laid his hand on one in that row and people down that whole row and behind it began to break forth in praises and laughter and rejoicings in the Lord. This joy and praise ended up breaking out all over the auditorium as the Spirit of the Lord shared with us the Joy of His Presence. It is written, "In God's Presence Is Fulness of Joy and at His right hand are pleasures forevermore. (There is and there exist that entering into the Joy of the Lord on earth and in heaven)." 
       Well I had never personally seen anything like this before. But oh how I was soaking the awe in. The bible says, How God anointed Our Lord, Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost (which is most surely the presence of the Lord) and with power and he went about doing good.......Well this we were experiencing was good..It's taste was to my soul like delicious honey and it's fragrance to my heart was like the honey suckle in the summers breeze. As it is written, "Oh taste and see that the Lord is good".
        There is a taste of God...Joy is one of His many good/delicious flavors...Jesus said, These things have I spoken unto you SO THAT MY JOY might be IN YOU and your joy made full....The Lord's joy can be in us now if we, with child like faith, will be believing, trusting, and obey the words that He spoke to us in faithfulness. But if we are in doubt and in disobedience, not trusting then we are in rough spiritual territory and in some way or measure we then  QUENCH THE SPIRIT, the Joy. But here in this meeting God was being kind and compassionate and mercy filled. People all over, including myself, were soaking up God's presence, joy and goodness. God Is Good.
       Well after  the meeting we went back to the Holiday Inn to rest. Time was passing. I went and got alone with the Lord in my own child like faith way so to speak and I asked Him to do something special for me if it would be ok. I had seen God do what I was going to ask Him in years before at a Kenneth Copeland meeting in Blackpool England back in June of 1983. In those days at that  meeting I asked God to connect me with Brother Copeland to give him a letter of thanksgiving and testimony and God did this supernaturally. (Another Time for this one).
        So I asked God and said, Father you know how much Brother Hagin means to my heart and how his commitment to you has blessed my life so richly. Now Lord I know he is a busy committed to you man of God and I understand this. But I would like to meet him some how one on one, face to face, shake his hand and tell him thank you brother Hagin for being so faithful to God. You have blessed my life so richly. I was healed from your and Kenneth Copelands teachings. (People can mock and belittle Jesus or his other ministers all they want to and they have and will. But when you yourself know that God healed you thru using them, all you can do is say THANK YOU GOD FOR THEM. So Father I ask You In Jesus Name bring me and brother Hagin together so that I can do this. Lord thank you for making this happen someway. Amen.
      Well after this prayer I'm in my Holiday Inn hotel room with my dad. After some time I said, Dad I am going to run to the store to buy a WALKMAN  to listen to these tapes of brother Hagins that I purchased. Dad said, Ok son. I said, I'll be back soon. I got the keys to the car and walked out into the Holiday Inn parking lot outside the room. I got in the car, cranked it, backed out and headed to the main road which was about 200 yards ahead. Still having a good ways to go before I got to the main road, a car pulled off the main road into the Holiday Inn parking lot headed in  my direction. As that car approached me closer, for some reason I began to look at those inside THAT CAR.....THAT CAR...RIGHT AT THAT TIME. As the car got close enough to where I could see and identify those within it I was struck again with awe. OMG. Oh My God, that's Brother Hagin. He was in the front passengers seat. Another younger man was driving the car. Well they drove on passed me and it was like I could hear the Lord saying to me. Son I did My part. There he is. Now the rest is in your hands. Well I stopped my car. Put it in reverse and how strange it was. They parked their car right there close to our hotel room (SPECIAL DELIVERY IF YOU ASK ME) Glory To God.
      Well I pulled my car next to theirs and as they got out of their car I got out of mine. For some reason I was somewhat nervous lol. Brother Hagin and the younger man driving got out. Brother Hagins wife and another younger lady got out of the back seat and we all met together there in that parking lot right outside my Hotel Room.
        I walked up to brother Hagin and extended my hand out to shake his hand. We shook hands and when our hands connected, a beautiful joy entered me and a smile lit my face from it. His to. He had such a blessed smile. So did his wife. He is smiling at me and I am smiling at him and I'm a little shy to talk. I'm like OMG I am standing here one on one, face to face with  Brother Hagin just as I had ASKED about an hour or so ago. 
       Well catching my breath I said. Brother Hagin I just want to say to you thank you. You and your commitment to God has blessed and even healed my soul and life and I just want to tell you that. Again thank you. I finished those words and he is still smiling at me. His wife smiles at me. She was maybe around 80 in those days and she was still radiant and beautiful. Their combined smiles were lifting me.
       Well bother Hagin after I finished saying what I asked God to allow me to say to him, he only said one word back to me with that smile...One Word folks that is all, but it was a word that later down the grace road of my life, Jesus took and taught me a life long lesson from it. He smiling said to me that one word and it was this, "WELL. " He said it so sweetly in a beautiful spirit of humility. His wife said a few more kind words to me smiling so beautifully. Then after that they went their way and I got in my car and drove on to the store to get the WALKMAN.
     As I drove to that store I noticed that that joy that entered inside me when I shook Brother Hagins hand was still there. I thought,  Lord what it must be like to be so anointed and to have such rich joy. (in his presence is fulness of joy). When I purchased the WALKMAN I could still taste measures of that joy in the soul. God had answered my prayer. It was a great day for deno. One for the book of testimonies.
     Well in closing this testimony I would like to share with you some things the Lord had taught me in this personal encounter with brother Hagin. Though brother Hagin said but one word to me, the Lord taught me some things from that one word. One was, he reminded me what I prayed for. That I had asked Him to bring me face to face with brother Hagin so that I COULD TELL HIM THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMITMENT TO GOD AND HOW MY LIFE  AND SOUL WAS HEALED FROM IT...I did not ask the Lord to have  Brother Hagin  to say anything to me. 
       Then later he taught me that there was a day when he was on earth,  in the days before the Cross, that he sent his disciples out on journeys of obedience to towns ahead and he said ON PURPOSE "GREET NO ONE ON THE WAY."
        Friends in our day if some one extends to you a hand for a hand shake and you withhold your hand from them, such is known and felt as cold, rude, unmannerly, right? And if you are walking down town and someone walks by you looking at you in the face and says hi and you don't say anything back. Most would be offended considering that rude. But I want to ask you something. How for will you go to obey God and not man? What if obeying God is interpreted as rude or politically incorrect, wrong, or unpopular. Would you still obey Jesus and stand up for him no matter if all the world despises and calls you, and interprets your way and actions to be as a hater, or rude or even evil? When the disciples greeted no one on the way, "WELL" THEY SOUGHT THE HONOR OF GOD ONLY (John 5:44). Scroll Down.
They needed not to worry themselves with what was politically correct or what others might think. They were Kings and servants of the MOST HIGH GOD. Would they obey God to this quiet manner of greeting no one along the way? Evidently they did. Will we? Well.........deno.....please share freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment