Thursday, April 2, 2015

Yes Lord, I Remember......deno.

......Lord I come before you with so many things going on in my heart. I see my childhood and the beauty of the Lord in my heart in those more innocent days raised in a family of Your calling and righteousness, and so often lately how I wish I could return to those days of innocents. Those were precious and beautiful days Lord. How I felt you ever so close. Oh how your joy would run thru my soul and I remember the leaps of joy that  I went thru and how You and I use to take off running together down those streets and paths in the woods that in those days glowed before me from the sweetness of Your presence.
........Yes I remember Lord. I remember swinging on those swings gazing up into the heavens and my soul ascended to You with a heart full of joy and a smile that filled my face as You shined Your love down on me from above and as I swung there in those swings my spirit could not drink in enough of Your goodness. I remember how I looked forward to the next time I was on those swings again with You and You always showed up never letting me down. Lord your taste of Spirit is delicious and so divine. Who can put it into words? Yes I remember Lord.
.......Yes I remember Lord. I remember those long drives as I looked into the skies in the back of the family car as we traveled those many miles and I could feel Your loving wink. Yes I remember Lord. I remember how I would taste the sweetness of Your presence and blessings on the days of our stay at grandma and grandpas house. Lord only You can really satisfy the soul.
....... Yes I remember Lord. I remember that day in that race against those that before mostly ran faster than I, but that day during the race Your Spirit came upon me and I felt Your strength enter me and I passed them all up and they shouted go Dennis go. Yes I remember Lord.
........ I remember when my dad would preach and as a child when I would get home from church I hurried to my room to preach a word that i did not understand, but like father like son i preached.  Yes I remember Lord.
....... I remember as my dad would sing in the pulpit Fill My Cup Lord, I Lift It Up Lord, Come and Quench This Thirsting of My Soul, Bread of Heaven Feed Me Till I Want No More, Fill My Cup Fill It Up And Make Me Whole and how my heart loved my dad even the more for the praise of God that filled my heart from his sweet lips. Yes I remember Lord. 
.......I remember tasting Your Spirit and presence in the congregation in my childhood and Your sweetness in the Sunday School Rooms and I remember how as a child over and over again Grandma would rock me to sleep singing into my ears Jesus loves me this I know for the bible tells me so. Those rocks were precious Lord. Yes I remember Lord.
....... I remember that special day in Hamilton Mississippi, when You heard my hearts child like faith and cry for SNOW and that suddenly while in my first grade class room something told me to look outside and it was snowing golf ball size flakes all the way to 7 inches. Yes I remember Lord. 
........I remember Lord the love of God that our parents had in their hearts for us, to raise us up in the love of God and the gospel. How they left no doubt of their great love for us in all they said and did for us over the years. They are both with you now Lord Jesus, but still I do remember Lord. Tell them hi for us Lord. Tell  them thank you for all they did for us and tell them Im sorry for how I so often broke their hearts when I grew up as I roamed down the streets of the world in my own personal delusions of those days. But now Lord, my heart has returned to You and my heart remembers. How could I have ever left such a delicious taste to my soul as You were to me in my youth? I was tricked in my simplicity to go to forbidden things by those who had never tasted the goodness of God and I partook of the sins of this generation until I had to be healed and restored. Lord Fully restore unto us the joy of our salvation and fill us afresh with Your Holy Spirit and Grace and let this generation that roams about in darkness once again see Your Marvelous light, the light of Your Presence and Goodness shining from and to the face of Jesus Christ. Heal us all of our back slidings. Heal all our wounds that the deceitfulness of sin brought on us. Open our eyes afresh Jesus to Your great love so that we shine to this generation all things from Your loves higher point of view. Grant this generation to see Your power and taste Your goodness and glory on the streets, in the homes and in the midst of the great congregation, In Jesus Name Amen.......Yes, I remember Lord....deno

No comments:

Post a Comment